Youth Employment during COVID-19

Youth Employment during COVID-19

How do youths 12-15 years old get a New Hampshire Youth Employment Certificate?

First they find a job. Then the employer completes a form called an Employer's Request for Child Labor and gives it to them. The youth takes that form to their local school or school superintendent's office for the school to issue the certificate (RSA 276-A:5), which the youth takes back to the employer. However, parents may also obtain a youth certificate for their child by calling the Department of Labor at 603-271-3176.

Click here for the Employers Request for Child Labor document.  This document can also be found on the NH Dept. of Labor website. 

Click here for more information regarding youth employment for SAU 21 students. 

Click here for the New Hampshire Department of Labor youth employment requirements.