SAU 21 Educator Evaluation Processes
Vision and Purpose
The vision of the SAU 21 Professional Educator Evaluation is for educators to engage in a process to support professional growth, collaboration, and the facilitation of high learning expectations for ALL.
The evaluation process supports the SAU 21 Educational Philosophy of “. . . developing lifelong learners who are creative and critical thinkers and who contribute to a changing global society” (http://www.sau21.org/sau/).
The purpose of evaluating the professional staff of SAU 21 is to support and cultivate each individual’s professional growth as they pursue high learning expectations and improve student learning. It is expected that all professional staff will reach a minimum status of Proficient as detailed in the process that follows.
Overview of Evaluation Process
The evaluation process includes the following components:
- Self-Assessment and Analysis of Domains of Educator Job Performance (draft goal development)
- Goal Setting and Plan Development (with evaluator at the Goal Setting Meeting - GSM)
- Implementation of the Plan/Observation (Evaluator and Peer) and Feedback
- Formative Review/Evidence of student learning and professional practice progress
- Summative Review
SAU 21 PD & Certification Processes
The 5-Year Plan
SAU 21’s Professional Development Plan (PDP) is a framework to provide direction for the planning and documentation of professional learning and growth of faculty and staff that supports student learning and achievement. The plan:
- Guides educators through the process of setting professional goals linked to SAU and District goals and execute professional learning to fulfill NH Department of Education (NH DOE) requirements to maintain certification.
- Outlines a collaborative process by which professional development activities are planned, executed, and evaluated.
- Promotes the goal of high quality instruction and strong student achievement as the purpose of professional development.
- Connects professional development initiatives to SAU 21’s curriculum development, Educator Appraisal Plan (EAP) and the SAU 21 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
SAU 21' s Professional Development Committee
The role of the SAU 21 Professional Development Committee (PDC) membership is to encourage high quality Professional Learning for SAU 21 Educators. The Committee’s members oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of the Professional Development Master Plan as well as provide feedback to teachers and monitor Professional Development opportunities and activities in SAU 21. The PDC minutes will be summarized and communicated through shared folders to all staff. Additionally, the PDC members clarify, write, and endorse the Professional Development Plan (PDP).
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.