NH Youth Employment Certificate

Do you need a work permit?

Where do you attend school?

If you attend:

  • Lincoln Akerman School (Hampton Falls)
  • North Hampton School
  • Seabrook Middle School
  • Barnard School (South Hampton)
  • Or attend school in Massachusetts, but will be working in New Hampshire

We can issue a NH Youth Employment Certificate.  The student will need to appear in person along with a parent or guardian, and have the following items in order for us to process the paperwork:

  • A birth certificate (or passport)
  • Employers Request for Child Labor document (this must be completed by the employer, including the employer's Tax ID)

**Without these items, including the student and parent both being present, we regret that we cannot issue the certificate.

Winnacunnet High School: 

Students attending WHS must get their permit from the WHS Guidance Office

**Students attending another school in New Hampshire (including a private school) must obtain their certificate from the school they attend.

SAU 21 Office Hours:  8 AM - 4 PM, M-F