Mission, Beliefs & Vision
Lincoln Akerman School recognizes the importance of a partnership among school, home and community in order for every student to experience the greatest possible academic, physical, social and emotional growth. Through this partnership the student grows toward excellence in academic areas, and establishes high standards and patterns of health and personal conduct. With wholesome relationships in school, at home and throughout all society, the student will develop a love of America, an appreciation of his/her heritage, and a growing sense of responsibility for insuring the values of a democratic society in its continual state of change.
Students will have a strong foundation of core academic skills, and emphasis is placed on the development of the whole individual. School programs are designed to offer academic challenges, built on basic human values: self-respect, kindness, consideration, politeness, respect for others’ property, and a sense of personal responsibility. The well integrated individual has a greater chance for happiness and a productive and enjoyable life, that in the end, is the goal of education.
The foundation of education at Lincoln Akerman School is built on these beliefs:
- Each child is unique.
- All children can learn.
- Each child has an innate dignity, a desire to learn, to have friends, and to be successful: to belong, to contribute, to play.
- An effective school nurtures these innate qualities through practices of instruction and organization that consider the interests of the child above all other concerns.
- Our school community consists of students, parents, teachers, administrators, government officials and the community-at large working collaboratively in the interest of the children.
Lincoln Akerman School provides an environment that promotes successful intellectual, physical, social, and emotional growth. Effective education prepares students as responsible and respectful citizens and members of society. They respect themselves and others, authority and property. They have a sense of justice, honesty and fairness. They are responsible, competent, tolerant, compassionate, and well-rounded. They are accountable for their thoughts and actions. They are academically well prepared, able to solve problems, and well-adjusted, happy children. They appreciate the arts; the importance of a healthy lifestyle; the value of hard work and challenge; and are proud of their accomplishments and those of others. All members of the Lincoln Akerman School community are committed to a lifelong process of learning and personal growth.
- LAS at a Glance
- Mission, Beliefs & Vision
- Student Registration
- School Board (opens in new window)
- Staff Directory
- School Year Calendars (opens in new window)
- Facilities Department
- School Health
- School Nutrition Department (opens in new window)
- Special Services Department
- Technology Department
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.