If you would like to contact members of the LAS staff, click the button below to view a listing of staff members and contact information
Technical Support for Families
We are committed to supporting our students and community. If you have general / technical questions, or experience issues with your school issued device, use the button below to contact the LAS Technology Department
- Chromebook keyboard shortcuts
- Setting up a personal printer with a Chromebook
- Using CAPS LOCK
- Using the search button
Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite)
- Google Classroom - Email your teacher or classmates
- Google Classroom - About guardian email summaries
- Google Classroom - Introduction Video (Student View)
- Google Classroom - Post to the stream / commenting / private comment to teacher
- Google Classroom - Turn in an assignment
- Google Meet - Join a video meeting
Library Media Center
- A how to guide for students
- Feature overview for parents
- Dictionary & picture dictionary
- Text to Speech tool
- Check it tool
- Word prediction tool
- Screenshot reader tool
- Screen masking tool
- Highlight tool
- Vocabulary tool
- Voice notes tool
- Simplify tool
- Speech input tool
- Audio maker tool
- Practice reading aloud tool
- Dashboard overview
- Upload clips to your account
- Media management
- Creating projects
- Storyboard editing mode
- Timeline editing mode
- Creating Picture-in-Picture videos
- Adjusting audio levels
- Color keying and green screen
- Record a voiceover / narration
- Screen recorder tool
- Create an animation
- View your final video
- Publish your video
Digital Learning Applications
Items listed below are a sample of applications / resources that are approved for use by LAS staff and students. They support creation, collaboration, communication and engagement across grade levels and content areas.
Please note that this content is currently being updated.
All students and staff members have 24x7 access to BrainPop and BrainPop Jr. (K-3).
CultureGrams® is a leading reference for concise and reliable cultural information on the countries of the world. With world events increasingly affecting our lives, it's more important than ever to educate students about the world around them, and for college students and business people to stay up-to-date.
CultureGrams provides country reports that go beyond mere facts and figures to deliver a one-of-a-kind perspective on daily life and culture, including the background, customs, and lifestyles of the world's people.
Individual reports covering 200+ countries, all 50 United States, and the Canadian provinces, are written and reviewed by in-country experts and are updated as new information becomes available, so you can be sure you're offering only the very best, most current information to staff and students.
Follett Destiny is our online Library catalong
A suite of tools designed to empower educators and students as they learn and innovate together. Google Workspace core services do not contain advertising nor do they use information in those services for advertising purposes. Plus, all Google Workspace for Education core services support COPPA and FERPA compliance.
All LAS staff and students have Google Workspave Enterprise for Education licenses, which provide additional features within core applications, advanced security measures, device management tools and administrative reports.
Google Workspace Core Services
- Available to all students
- For grades K-6, student email access is restricted to only allow communications with other @sau21.org accounts
- For grades 7-8, students can send/receive to/from accounts outside of sau21.org
- Students can join meetings created by teachers / staff members, but cannot create their own.
Gain fluency and confidence in math! IXL helps students master essential skills at their own pace through fun and interactive questions, built in support, and motivating awards.
IXL's skills are aligned to the New Hampshire Early Learning Standards and the New Hampshire College and Career Ready Standards, providing comprehensive coverage of math concepts and applications. With IXL's state standards alignments, you can easily find unlimited practice questions specifically tailored to each required standard.
With the IXL Analytics standards center it's simple for a teacher to view student progress towards state standards. The reports in the standards center also allow a teacher to quickly evaluate student aptitude and identify trouble spots.
View the New Hampshire State Standards and skills practice within IXL.
Instead of simply presenting informational slides, Pear Deck makes the Google Slides presentation from a teacher interactive so every student can respond to your questions or prompts right on their own screens.
PebbleGo is a curricular content hub specifically designed for K-3 students. Packed with informational articles, ready-made activities, and literacy supports for students of all abilities, it boosts engagement and fosters independent learning in core subject areas. Your students will love exploring PebbleGo time and time again.
No matter the subject you're teaching or the unique needs and interests of your students, PebbleGo has you covered. Complete with scaffolding to support differentiated instruction, engaging multimedia within each article to maximize comprehension, and interactive lessons, activities, and games to reinforce learning, PebbleGo is the go-to K-3 resource for teachers across the country.
- Engage K–3 students with content created for their specific needs and curriculum.
- Increase understanding, regardless of reading ability, with authentic read-aloud audio.
- Foster independence in young learners of all abilities with simple, consistent navigation.
- Teach foundational concepts such as applying critical thinking skills to online information, including source citation.
- Bridge the digital divide by accessing articles anywhere, anytime, and on any device with internet access.
Seesaw for Schools is avaialble for teachers to use use within grades K-4. Seesaw creates a powerful learning loop between students, teachers, and families
Students show learning: Students use built-in annotation tools to capture what they know in Seesaw’s digital portfolio
Teachers gain insights: Teachers deeply understand student thinking and progress — enabling them to teach better
Families connect: Families gain a window into their student’s learning and engage with school happenings
Mobile Apps: Seesaw access for families is available via a mobile app for iOS and Android devices, as well as through a web browser. View links to download the Seesaw app for your device.
All staff and students have access to the Lincoln Akerman School OverDrive library.
To access this, please follow the steps below.
- You must be signed into your @sau21.org account.
- In Google Drive or Gmail, click on the "waffle" in the top right corner
- Scroll to the bottom of the list
- Click on "Sora, by OverDrive"
- Select "Lincoln Akerman School" from the dropdown list and click the green button
- If necessary, select your school issued G Suite account from the prompt
Texthelp believes that absolutely everyone deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential - at school, in the workplace and in later life, too. They believe there’s a whole world of avid readers and fluent writers, waiting to emerge with the right tools and encouragement. They believe in digital inclusion - where life stage, visual impairment, dyslexia or dis/ability aren’t barriers to the online opportunities that others enjoy. Most importantly of all, they believe that everyone’s entitled to the best possible learning and language support on their own personal journey – from literacy to life.
Products listed below are available to all LAS staff and students (click on the product name for more information)
Premium WeVideo licenses are available for all LAS students in grades 5-8.
Create stunning videos in minutes with WeVideo, the leading video editing software for Chromebooks. WeVideo is an easy-to-use, online video editor that includes rich editing tools and built-in stock footage library with video clips, images and music. Create videos that are as original as you are. Customize your content with animated text, emojis, sound effects and more. Choose from a variety of themes and transitions to give your movies professional polish.
WeVideo is cloud-based, so you can make videos anywhere, anytime--even on the go. With WeVideo Jumpstart™, there’s zero upload wait time, which means you can create at the speed of inspiration. Don’t have a powerful computer? No problem. WeVideo does all the heavy lifting in the cloud for you no matter what device you’re using. It works seamlessly across Chromebooks, Macs, PCs, and iOS and Android mobile devices. Whether you prefer to make videos on your computer, tablet or mobile phone, WeVideo makes it a breeze.